Friday, March 7, 2008

FRIENDS OF MONDAY NIGHT POETRY @ SUSHI BLUES

HELLO MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF MONDAY NIGHT POETRY @ SUSHI BLUES & BBQS.
REMEMBER MARCH 10 7:30 p.m.-- TWO DAYS AWAY! OUR NEXT PERFORMANCE. DRAMA, POETRY, PROSE, AND PRIZES! DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD SATURDAY NIGHT.
HOPE everyone saw the article in last Sunday's Post Standard about the debut of our group!
Thanks to this newspaper, we met a new poet. She is just beginning to stretch her poetry wings under the guidance of her English teacher. Please put your hands together for Ms. Cassandra Ballini. We hope one day she will join us in person @
MNP@SB to read for us, OR, as is ever the option, to ask someone to read from her words to the group.
in the meantime kick back, close your eyes, and fly with Cassandara Ballini's



The Comet of Fire and Ice
In the black abyss
of the universe
one star lights a trail.
A trail of fire,
a trail of ice
a burning, freezing trail.
A comet, a comet
lights the night sky
A comet, a comet
could cause so many to die.
A comet, a comet
an entire new race.
A comet a comet
in the black abyss of space.
It does not freeze.
It does not melt
yet made of ice
is its burning pelt.
Yet something strange
lurks in this verse
in the black abyss of the universe.

2 comments:

Laijon Liu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laijon Liu said...

Last year I also wrote a poem about a sooting star which was very similar to Dear Cassandra Ballini, I could not hold myself but to share my poem with her, that we do share some same feeling about stars. I hope she could read my following poem, I am sure we both wonder how close we are that dragged by stars.

A Shooting Star I See Her
By Laijon Liu 2008.09.28

A shooting star, I see her,
Glittering across the skies,
From heavens to our earth.

I wonder how she was born.
Does she bathe in frost or dust?
Is she made of fire or ice or both?

Coz I see her blue flare,
So light, yet so cold!
Gliding in her lonely miles.

Oh, she rushes at her course,
By accident or preset cause,
Not sure she’s flying or falling.

Whether she’s coming or going,
No one could change her course,
Or make her fast or slow or stop.

I know now she’s long gone,
It’s just her yesterday's glow,
If tomorrow comes, then I too shall go.